• laminaters (CFRP/GFRP/AFRP), wind power, marine, aviation
• ship builders
the following skills are necessary:
• vacuum injection
• wet and hand laminates
• prepreg processes
• mould building
• finishing, quality assurance
• construction and repairs of rotor blades
location Europe, USA, Japan
• in yacht shipyards
• for building polymer containers
• with automotive and aviation deliverers
There are immense technical requirements for rotor blades of wind turbines. By using light weight materials capable of withstanding high structural forces, so called fibre compound materials made from glass and carbon fibres, rotor blades with a total length of 60 metres can be manufactured. Nonetheless, a large part of the value chain is influenced by manual labor. Thus, the production of rotor blades has a high personnel demand. Polymer manufacturing in itself requires comprehensive experience and individuals highly skilled in their trade. DAL laminaters are skilled and experienced in working with different polymer types (thermoplaste, duromere or elastomere), reaction agents and resins (epoxy, vinyl ester and polyester) as well as reinforcing fibres (rovings, mattes, and fabrics).
• mould making: participation (/collaboration) in the production of original models and the shaping of rotor blades using vacuum infusion
• manufacturing of rotor blades using different techniques (vacuum infusion, prepreg, wet and hand laminate)
• repairs of rotor: damage recognition and documentation; sanding and repairing compromised areas using so called wet techniques; sanding and coating of surfaces
• quality assurance: visual controls of components; controls using non-destructive testing; process control and documentation of mistakes, build and process deviations
national and international projects are a given to us.
When may we start?